As part of the 2017 Craft Cubed Festival, Craft presents our annual Craft & Design as a Career Conference. This year, the conference has been completely re-designed and re-formatted to fit across two days, with more opportunities for you to meet both your peers and your heroes. We will explore each journey of the innovative, brave and creative industry experts, as they discuss their philosophies and perspectives on what it means to practice in today’s craft and design community. With talks, panel discussions, breakout workshops and a Saturday night party (an additional $15) this conference is more of a party than a conference!
Featuring over 10 hand picked speakers including:
- ANNA ROSS – Kester Black
- BIANCA MAVRICK – Jeweller and Designer
- CATH HOPE – Douglas & Hope
- LUCY SIMPSON – Contemporary Aboriginal Art & Design
- MAE FINLAYSON – Textile Artist and Academic
- MARYANN TALIA PAU – 1000,000 Stars Project
- NATHAN JUREVICIUS (CANADA)* – Animator, Illustrator and Vinyl Toy Maker
- OLIVIA POLONI – Curator
- PENNY MODRA – The Good Copy
- RAYNA FAHEY – Radical Cross Stitch
- TIM ROSS – Man About the House
You can find more information here.